TES Inc. is seeking a Contracts Engineer to join our team.
- Be pro-active in the preparation of contract strategies and development plans for company’s ongoing requirements.
- Co-ordination and preparation of tender strategies and enquiries including prequalification requirements.
- Co-ordination and evaluation of tender submissions, including development of commercial and contractual evaluation models, conduct clarification and negotiation meetings, prepare and present recommendations to award to management.
- Prepare contractual documentation, setting up files in accordance with company’s procedures. Post-award contract administration, rate negotiations, claim/variation agreements, contract amendments, performance assessments and the maintenance of comprehensive files.
- Provision of day-to-day liaison/advice service on commercial and contractual matters to personnel within the relevant business lines to ensure company’s best interests are maintained.
- Research and resolve all commercial/contractual issues involving and/or referring to company’s Legal, Finance. Tax and Insurance advisers as appropriate.
- Maintain awareness of market intelligence relevant to the vendors providing/who may provide services to company.
- Development and implementation of key performance indicators and continuous improvement of contractor’s performance against same.
- Use of commercial expertise to create significant savings in relation to mitigation of claims from contractors or in the preparation of claims against contractors/other parties.
- Significant and proven contracts engineering experience with an oil & gas industry operator.
- Substantial and proven experience in establishing major contracts from conception to close-out with an oil & gas industry operator.
- It is essential that this includes significant subsea and project experience; Experience in conducting meetings with contractor and operator personnel up to senior management level.
- Presenting and negotiating professional opinions in contract and other commercial areas, including all aspects of liabilities, indemnities and insurances and other contractual qualifications (with reference as appropriate to Legal, Tax and Insurance Personnel).
- Able to work under pressure and sometimes severe time constraints.
- Overseas travel may be required. The ideal candidate should ideally possess a Degree in a commercial or related subject.
- Familiarity with Maximo or similar purchasing system beneficial.
- Familiarity with Ivalua or similar contracts management system beneficial