We are seeking a Pipeline Corrosion Engineer to join our team. We provide engineering support with specialized engineering and technical knowledge in the areas of varied disciplines to maximize profitability and meeting highest standards of safety and environment.
- Develop, implement and maintain Corrosion Management Plans (CMP) for the pipelines as per Saudi Aramco standards, including design of scraping, chemical injection and corrosion monitoring programs.
- Carry out failure investigation and fitness for service evaluations for the pipelines failures typically involving corrosion, erosion, vibration, impact, stress and welding/manufacturing/coating defect failure modes and provide recommendations to prevent failures and improve integrity of the pipelines.
- Provide technical support for materials and coatings selection based on the international and Saudi Aramco standards.
- Review design packages for the pipelines and provide comments relating to corrosion monitoring, corrosion mitigation plans including but not limited to material selection, installation of Corrosion Monitoring systems (CMS), Chemical treatments, Corrosion Risk Management etc.
- Review third party ILI and Subsea inspection data and issue ILI and subsea reports providing the root causes, risk management and recommendations to improve the integrity of the pipelines.
- Carryout Field evaluations for new corrosion inhibitors, scale inhibitors and biocides.
- Keep abreast of technological development in the field of corrosion mitigation & control engineering in the oil/ production industry and recommends their adoption by company.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, preferably in materials, metallurgical or chemical (or other relevant discipline) with a focus on corrosion.
- NACE Corrosion Technologist or NACE Internal Corrosion Technologist certification. Any other NACE Senior and Specialist-level certifications would be an asset.
- Minimum of 12 years’ experience with a strong preference for 15 years’ plus in the oil and gas industry.
- Working knowledge of internal and external corrosion mechanisms common to upstream oil and gas industry and its corresponding corrosion management such as In-Line inspection and Scraping
- Working knowledge of corrosion mitigation techniques, including coating application, process control, chemical inhibition, CP and material selection.
- Familiar with industry codes and standards (NACE, API, ASME, etc.), specifically regarding Pipeline integrity.