TES Inc has an opportunity for a Project Geophysicist to join our team. As Project Geophysicist you will be responsible for the field acquisition, processing and reporting of near surface geophysical data as part of a wide range of engineering site investigation and characterisation projects in the UK and overseas.
Using a wide range of geophysical methods including seismic refraction, reflection, surface wave, electrical resistivity, microgravity, magnetics, electromagnetics, GPR and a range of borehole seismic and wireline methods you will acquire, process, interpret and report on geophysical data in order to identify geohazards, understand geological structure, identify manmade features and determine in-situ physical parameters.
Whilst part of this role will be office based, a large proportion of your time will be spent in the field both in the UK and internationally.
- Whilst working in the field you will work with a team of Geophysicists using different geophysical equipment to acquire data, conduct real time quality control and carry out basic field processing.
- Whilst in the office you will process and interpret geophysical data or help to prepare equipment and project documentation prior to mobilisation. Additionally, you will provide technical input into proposal and tendering activities.
- Most of your interaction will be with other geophysicists, geotechnical engineers and engineering geologists however some client liaison will also be required.
- An Earth Sciences degree or equivalent qualification
- Experience in a relevant Earth Science profession
- Full UK driving licence
- IT literate
- Flexible, proactive and adaptable to meet unexpected demands with tight time constraints
- Able to work under pressure
- Eligible to work in the UK
- A willingness to work outdoors in all weathers!
- Previous experience of commercial near surface geophysical investigation
Job Status: Open
Job Sectors: Sub-Surface
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: To be discussed