The Subsea Project Engineer resides within the SUBSEA Delivery team, reporting to the SUBSEA Manager or other team member as directed by the SUBSEA Manager. The engineer’s primary role is to provide project engineering support as part of delivery of the major SUBSEA packages on the project. He/she will be involved in all phases of the project life cycle and will have significant involvement with engineering, procurement, manufacture, fabrication, transportation, installation, pre-commissioning and mechanical completion.
- Active adherence to and promotion of company HSES & quality policies and procedures including but not limited to design and operations review meetings (i.e., Constructability, HIRA (Hazard Identification and Risk Analysis, and Lessons Learned).
- Provide engineering support to the assigned SUBSEA package(s) in terms of calculations, document reviews, technical query management, interface management and general project engineering.
- Actively work with other technical functions within McDermott (Engineering, Fabrication, and Installation) to ensure that cross-function interfaces are managed.
- Assist in coordination of interfacing activities with subcontractors/vendor, clients and third parties throughout the project life cycle.
- Attend kick-off meetings, pre-production meetings, and regular (weekly, monthly) progress meetings with subcontractors and clients.
- Manage subcontractors/vendor including inspections, review of design changes, NCR’s, monitoring progress, reviewing as-built data, etc.
- Ensuring that subcontractor/vendor documentation is issued on schedule and in compliance to specification, scope of work and subcontract terms and conditions.
- Liaise with TES quality personnel and inspectors at site for ensuring that manufacturing confirms to the design specifications and standards.
- Regular monitoring of progress through site visits, including attendance at FAT and load-out as required.
- Ensure adequate shipping / packaging / load-out for transportation to final destination. Interface with Logistics team for the collection, transport and receipt of all products to final destination.
- Report all delays / technical issues / discrepancies to project and advise/recommend remedial solutions. Facilitate timely problem resolution with the project team members.
- Organize technical aspects of the mobilization, demobilization, and offshore work.
- To carry out any other work as and when required by the Company
- To uphold the Company’s Vision, Mission and Values Statement and Corporate Goals.
- To adhere to the Company’s Ethics Policy Statement, in particular, be trustworthy, maintain a high ethical standard and adhere to the Code of Business Conduct.
- To accept personal responsibility for and adhere to the Company’s QHSES Policy and Procedures, Substance Abuse Policy and to raise matters of concern to the Company.
- 5 to 8 years of Project Management experience
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Engineering
- Sufficient experience in Project Engineering
- Systems Knowledge in MS Office, MS Project and SharePoint