We are looking to recruit structural engineers for our Aberdeen office. Within the oil and gas division, our services are focused on upstream operations engineering i.e., maintain safe and efficient operations for operators, and offshore engineering encompassing fixed, floating and subsea facilities. This opportunity is to provide day to day operational support to our client’s assets including live support and offshore enactment.
- The delivery of structural projects for all types of assets for key North Sea clients for all types of offshore structures including fixed, floating and subsea structures.
- You will be working as part of an integrated team covering client interaction and delivery from multiple locations. This will include everything from hand calculations, written reports to linear and non-linear analysis work.
- Development of brownfield modification, design and integrity strategies and schemes.
- Working with others to identify and develop new technical methodologies.
- Contributing to and executing our structural business strategy, including supporting growth initiatives domestically and overseas. Work with others to develop an integrated asset integrity management strategy.
- Building and maintaining client relationships, with a view to winning more work.
- Contributing to successful proposals and tenders.
- Day to day operational support to client engineers including representing the company at meetings, production of deliverables and presentations.
- Liaison and interacting with other disciplines such as corrosion and materials, process engineering and subsea engineering for the delivery of day-to-day tasks.
- A detailed understanding and compliance with relevant codes and standards.
- Proven success in structural projects against external and internal time, cost and quality objectives. Experience in participating in appropriate project governance and project management reporting.
- Experience of partaking in elements of bids and engaging directly with clients.
- Ability to report, interpret and communicate the engineering implications of complex analysis results to colleagues and clients, including the implications of problems encountered in the delivery of work.
- Ability to support winning work from new and existing clients, through clear and professional communications.
- Excellent report writing skills and experience in the delivery of technical presentations to external clients.
- Background in offshore structural integrity service delivery is advantageous
- Understanding of structural engineering first principals, this is a technical role.
- Management, assessment and analysis of designs, modifications and anomalies.
- An engineering degree, honours or equivalent in civil, mechanical, structural, naval architecture or similar.
- Organises and plans projects, arranges work schedules, carries out inspection work and plans maintenance control.
- Offshore structural analysis experience of jackets, floating and subsea systems – particularly using SESAM software – is preferred.
- Technical understanding of environmental wave loading and/or vessel motions is preferred.
- Linear and non-linear FEA experience in ABAQUS and USFOS and other comparable software packages is preferred.