As Valve Technician you’ll be responsible for performing valve related activities from TES operational locations including primary valve facilities located in the UK and Africa, meeting the requirements of agreed orders and in so achieving deadlines. Additionally, while working as Valve Technician you will be responsible for providing technical guidance and support to clients, fellow technicians and customers to maintain operational technical compliance.
- To undertake valve certification, repair and overhaul activities in compliance with TES operational procedures so ensuring that customers’ needs are met in a safe, accurate, traceable and timely manner.
- Work in accordance with industry best practices and codes of practice to which TES subscribes (Safed/BVAA) ensuring that levels of compliance and suitability are met.
- To maintain accuracy and compliance with the identified scope of work at all times in compliance with the definition and intent of the governing procedure policy and risk assessment
- To undertake dynamic assessment at the point and place of wok ensuring that Health, Safety and Environmental is mitigated prior to undertaking work
Work within the Valve certification team supporting the overall achievement of outages, customer deadlines and workload schedule including working overtime and unsociable hours where so needed.
- To work with provided technology to support innovation and productivity in the workplace.
- Recent experience delivering site-based valve services at defined end-client premises adhering to the Industrial Quality manual and HSE operational procedures.
- previous experience using mechanical fitting skills to correctly remove and re-fit assets in operational delivery ensuring that good engineering principles are maintained
- Education: apprenticeship in a relevant engineering discipline, or suitable relevant experience within the specific field of valve overhaul / repair / certification
- Training: Training needs will be established during induction and will depend on education, knowledge and experience. On an ongoing basis, additional requirements will be identified as necessary to meet the accredited scope of activities.
- Technical knowledge: Suitable to make professional judgements on the range of technical / safety related problems likely to arise from the scope of activities.