This Petroknowledge Advanced Tendering Procedures & Bid Evaluation online training course will examine all the input that has influence and direct impact on tendering procedures and bid evaluation. The key elements include understanding business need, market analysis, supply chain cost modelling, contracting strategy, and contract award up to and including contract initiation.
The course introduces a methodology in classifying the 3rd party goods or services for an organization into categories based on supply risk to spend value. Then a methodology will be introduced to help assign the best-fit market approach to a particular category or its sub-category. All of these will lead to the best-fit tendering procedures and bid evaluation.
- When should we play it safe by only allowing experienced and proven suppliers to bid?
- When and how can we develop new suppliers?
- What are a fit-for-purpose suppliers selection process?
- How best to master a tender negotiation?
- How to handle (or avoid) contract award disputes?
- How to meet the increasingly aggressive local contents requirements in developing countries?
- What is the unwanted by-product of chasing for localization targets?